Thursday 1 June 2017

Using Chromebooks for Learning!

Room 4 have started using their Chromebooks more as a tool for their learning. 
The advantages to this are:
  • Students can learn anytime, anywhere (especially if they have a device at home too)
  • Online access broadens the scope of any learning exercise, information pursuit, creative thinking, communication and collaboration.
  • It's more inclusive - learning can be tailored to meet many more needs in the classroom in an engaging way.
  • With GAFE (Google Apps for Education), each student has their email, drive and can access many apps/docs to create and share learning on.
In this picture, Flynn is using Google Docs to write his personal experience of the cross country. He took a photo of his whiteboard plan and has two screens up so he can see both easily. He needs his plan to remind himself what it is he going to write.
As he writes, Flynn uses a Chrome Extension called ReadWrite to help him edit his work. This reads it aloud to him while he is also reading it himself. His writing will soon be up on his blog so you can read and comment!

"I really like using the Chromebook for my learning. It's fun. It's a lot faster, I have a lot of ideas I can get down quickly. I reckon ReadWrite is a good tool for getting your punctuation in," explained Flynn.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Room 4,

    I really like this post because you explained what the chromebooks can do and what you like about them. What other stuff have you learnt using the Chromebooks?

    Laura,
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI room 4 here

    We have learnt to do short cut on them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi room 4 I relly like your post my name is liam from yms

    ReplyDelete

To support our learning we ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what we have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.